2012年9月25日星期二

Second Impression LadyPens

Second Impression LadyPens

You know the old saying impressions can last a life time Well, I believe that second impressions can be more important than first impressions.
I would like to share a couple of stories with you. Several years ago, I found myself looking for a new business opportunity. I knew many people involved with many different opportunities. I began doing some research and found two opportunities that I really liked. The first opportunity, I called the woman, and left a message with her daughter. I called again a few days later and left a message on her answering machine. I never heard back from her.
The second opportunity that appealed to me, I sent the girl an email. She phoned me 2 weeks later saying her computer had been broken. This did not sit well with me, but ok, things happen, so I called her back within 2 hours of her leaving the phone message. The next time I heard from her was about 3 weeks later with an email apologizing profusely for not contacting me sooner.
As you can see in the above 2 scenarios, while I was initially impressed with the people and the companies they represented, my second impression was so bad that I chose not to do business with either of them.
Follow up is so important that I believe more time should be spent on the follow up than the initial contact. Follow up is where the trust between you and the interested party begins. If you tell someone you will call Tuesday, then call Tuesday, even if you have to call from a pay phone, or cell phone. Let your contact know that they are important enough for you to follow through with your word. Show them that you will stand by your word no matter what.
If you tell a customer you will be there on Monday between 10am and 12 noon, then do whatever it takes to be there on time. No one likes being left waiting.
This second impression is going to set the stage for the relationship between you and your contact. Following up and following through will show your contact that you are dependable, and reliable, two very important qualities in our very competitive society.
When you are happy with someone service and dependability, you are much more apt to refer your circle of influence to them.
Another part of second impressions is making yourself available.
I would like to share with you a portion of an email I received from someone I was looking into doing business with:
basically am unavailable on thursday, friday, saturday and sunday from 2:30 till midnite. Early in the day is fine.
Also, Mondays I am unavailable from noon till about 6:00. Early in the day is fine.
Tuesday is not good for me.
Wednesday I am flexible/open all day.
Please pick a time that works for you. Let me know, and I will call you. hours she was free to do business were so unappealing to me, I took my business elsewhere. There was a two hour time difference between her and I, thus her asking me to call her prior to 9am my time, or on Wednesday.
If you want people to do business with you, then make yourself available to do business.
Second impressions are more than just follow up and follow through, they are your opportunity to show your contact why doing business with you is a good choice.
The next time you tell someone you will call or come over, don make excuses, just do it!!
Article by:
Last 5 posts by Audrey OkanekoIncrease Your Chances of Winning Contests - September 20th, 2008Protect Your Children With a Password - September 20th, 2008Kids and Secrets - September 20th, 2008Children's Birthday Party Ideas - September 20th, 2008Does Your Child Forget His Homework - September 20th, 2008
You are welcome to publish this article on your website, blog, ezine (free of cost) as long as the author's resource information remains intact and all links remain live and clickable. This article may be published offline in print, provided the author's name and full link to the author's website are both included. Copyright is reserved by author. :

没有评论:

发表评论